Stories covered in the Daily Climate Show for 17 September 2021 include…
- An interview with the UK’s Lead Climate Negotiator for COP26 Archie Young
- More protests on the M25 by Insulate Britain leading to 70 arrests
- Ahead of the forthcoming German elections Greenpeace‘s call for the next Chancellor to bring forward the phase-out of coal and ban new petrol car sales by 2025
- Leading scientists asking the Government to rethink blue hydrogen, and go for more green hydrogen instead
- The recent surge in gas prices and electricity prices which is putting some industries at risk
- The announcement of the finalists of Prince William’s £1 million Earthshot Prize.
Guest commentators Judy Ling Wong, Honorary President of Black Environment Network and James Murray, Editor in Chief of BusinessGreen, join presenter Samantha Washington to discuss some of the stories.